Thursday, November 1, 2007

Tetrachromacy

Tetrachromacy is when you have 4 kinds of cone cells in your retina, when 3 is the normal in mostly all human beings. I would like to have that because thats just awesome..I mean you can see better and things are vibrant (imp. word involving vision).
So, I just had a huge epiphany, Do you realize that what you see and the colors and brightness you percept is actually not what it is? The nature has more to offer, its just we cant see it. What may seem red or green to you may actually not be red or green or any known shades of the two colors. It may be something different that you don't know or have a name for. I mean who is there to prove that what we see is actually what it is, since the whole human population is trichromatic apart from the 2-3% of women who may know what the color exactly is since they are tetrachromatic. I think there are some animals, birds and arachnids that have tetrachromasia but they can't tell us what it is cause they can't talk or write or communicate with humans at that level (That goes without saying more that 2 lines ;-}) I mean, is there a possibility of polychromasia, having 4 or more types of cone cells where you see things how they were made and presented by nature. I just can't believe that I dont see what it actually is. I am grateful for the eyesight but now that I see there are more options available, I feel unsatisfied. C'mon genetic engineering..make me a sweet retina that has 4 or more types of cone cells. I say..go ahead and make me an eye where I percept light beyond the visible wavelenghts! Note: All the blind people who are waiting for an eye implant, just to let you know..what you get is not the best nature has to offer, there can be better options. I guess, I am OK with my vision right now, I am OK with thinking that that my computer frame is black (for now) so take what you get and enjoy it.

Do you realize that this does'nt just go for one of our senses, I mean it can be applicable to hearing and speaking. Let me think this thru and post again later.

Biochem blows.

No comments: