Friday, January 18, 2008

We Believe in Mich-again?! WTF

I feel that amongst all states in America that have gone down, the worst has been Michigan. You can see its downtrodden condition in its heart, namely Detroit. The most dangerous city to live in the US is Detroit. Once a booming town, now half the city lies with dilapidated structures. 15-16 storey buildings, stand abandoned. The car industry has gone down leaving many many jobless. The state has one of highest population of obese people. We have ugly people to go with our ugly surroundings. I feel so much resentment because since I live in Southfield, 5 mins from Detroit and go to school in Detroit. Every time I enter this massive city, I feel dissapointed. How can a state, I mean any state, not have a decent downtown to its main city. How bad has suburban culture gotten that people forgot 'the city', 'the city' that used be the place to go for the weekend and anything Cool. I have lived in East Lansing and Ann Arbor, but after being associated to Detroit, those cities do not show what Michigan is or have anything to do with it really. Detroit shows what Michigan is.
I am thinking Arkansas probably didn't have such a glorious past that it could look for a future. But we did and now we don't. The young ones want to leave the state and move away. Amongst all surrounding mid-west states, ours is the one that is suffering the most.

No comments: